Thursday 23 October 2014

Baby, it's cold outside...

The smell of bonfires in the crisp cold air, the crunch of burnt orange leaves under your feet, the feeling of soft warm socks and woolly scarves... there's not much I love more than this time of year. It is time to embrace the cold.

What better way to celebrate the start of the chilly season than to welcome a new winter coat into your wardrobe.. and there certainly isn't a lack of choice in the UK highstreet at the moment! So, which to pick?...
I've already banged on about how big blanket capes are this season so I don't need to tell you why I love this topshop one.. I just do! Pull out the mustard tones with a yellow bobble hat!
Camel coats are always classic, play with the simplicity by adding contrasting printed accessories - I love these leopard print boots from New Look & Striped hat from Wommelsdorff.


The duster jacket is another big trend this autumn winter, it sits about mid shin and is quite light weight. This one from The Whitepper is a delightful ice blue colour and looks great with a pop of colour.

Keep it grunge with this hooded piece from Ma-Ko, the layered arms add extra detail and interest. I love maroon at this time of the year so can't go wrong with a wine-stain-red beanie and biker boots!


Make like Penny Lane and rock a shearling coat this winter, just add simple accessories and care free curly hair and you are good to go and dance with the band!



Another modern day classic is the oversized boyfriend coat, I love the way this coat and bright red hat reminds me of the Wes Anderson film The Life Aquatic...look it up!

All woolly accessories in this post are from knitwear brand Wommelsdorff - Check them out here. 
All Boots are from New Look - Check them out here.

Xxxx

1 comment: