Tuesday 25 June 2013

Drop Waist Wonder

If there was ever a time to try out the drop waist, the Summer of 2013 has delivered it - with the release of The Great Gatsby and an influx of 20's fizz into the high and high-street fashion worlds! 

This fit is not an easy one to master and I have chosen my favourite dresses from the high-street market to show you how I will be rocking this lower then low waistline!
  
Zara


I love this lacy Zara number, the midi length gives the drop waist lovely proportions and I think this outfit would make a lovely holiday look or at home casual look ( if its sunny where you are!)
All these pieces are also on sale right now - so snap them up quick! 

ASOS & boohoo


This is a more casual way to wear the drop waist but just as pretty! I love the simplicity of the silhouette in this ASOS dress and the warm mustard colour just makes me swoon! For added perfection wear with a plum coloured floppy hat and buckled ankle boots, truly lovely!

(Boots & Hat - boohoo.com, Dress - ASOS)

The White Pepper & Topshop


The last way I would style a drop waist is with this adorable 'The White Pepper' lemon shirt dress, pair with on-trend white accessories from Topshop and you've got yourself a preppy outfit that would put Cher Horowitz  to shame. (google it) 



That's all folks! 
Hope you like my styling, How would you wear your drop waist piece and is there one you are eyeing up at the moment?

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




btw if you don't already pleaaaase follow me on bloglovin' http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762/dusk-darling-style
If you have done - make sure to leave a comment with your bloglovin link so I can follow you back!





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I really like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, I really like your blog too :) I followed you on bloglovin for sure! :) keep blogging xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow and your lovely comment.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so loving the drop waist look on dresses! The choices you have are excellent! I love the Topshop dress and a floppy hat is the perfect accessory!
    I followed you on bloglovin!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Thanks Rebecca :) Big fan of floppy hats in general haha, Thanks so much for the follow!

      Your blog is lovely and I was already a bloglovin follower :) keep it up!
      xxx

      Delete