Tuesday 14 July 2015

My Summer Proof Everyday Makeup Routine

As a makeup addict my everyday routine switches up quite often and obviously I always like trying new products. It has been unusually warm for England these past few weeks so I thought I would tell you my current makeup routine that lasts through hot weather!
________________________________________________________________

SKIN
I don't use a primer everyday as it isn't good for your skin, it blocks off the pores. However if it is really hot and I want my makeup to stay put or I'm going out for the night I'll use the La Roche Posay Mattifying Pore Minimising Primer or Smashbox photo ready - both of which I highly recommend.

After moisturising and priming (I will do an everyday skincare routine soon too!) I go straight into foundation. At the moment I have gone back to my old faithful L'oreal True Match, this foundation is really nice and covers up any redness I have on my face. I tend to apply this with my real techniques expert face brush, I can't begin to say what a difference a good set of brushes makes to your makeup. I buff the foundation in focussing on the center of my face where most of my redness is.

Next up I am using the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer. Although it looks yellow on first application  it does really well at brightening up under my eyes and cancelling out any darkness leftover from my lack of sleep (yeah, I struggle at that). I have already raved about this  concealer in my last post but it's so good, you should defo try it if you are in need of a new under eye concealer.

If I have any blemishes I tend to use the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, it's a thick well covering concealer that tackles most spots well. Plus it's super cheap - CAN'T BEAT THAT.

                 ________________________________________________________________


EYES


For eyes I am really enjoying this L'oreal eyeshadow in Little Beige Dress. This eyeshadow has such a nice finish, its almost creamy when you apply is and has a sheen to it, rather than a glitter, it's almost metallic looking! I did break mine though which makes me want to cry  little makeup addicted tears.

I am using the Benefit They're Real Mascara at the moment which is just aaaamazeballs. It's so volumising and lengthening.
________________________________________________________________

HIGHLIGHT

For highlight I am using the Jelly Pong Pong highlighter in this nice bronzey shade which makes a change from my usual cool toned highlighters, it highlights what little tan I accumulated during London's heat wave the last few weeks and gives that JLo gloooow factor. (As if.. She is a #WCW everydamnday)

________________________________________________________________

POWDERS

I am still using the body shop Honey bronzer to warm up my complexion. Because I am so pale I find it really hard to find a bronzer which defines my face but doesn't make me look really weird and like I have painted mud onto my face! This bronzer doesn't do that, it has a really light matte finish (which is *essential* in the sunshine there's nothing worse then glittery contour). I apply this with a fluffy brush which i squeeze into a thin shape and brush under my cheekbones and around my hairline to warm up my face.


I am loving this blush contraption I got in a glossy box. It's so easy to use and the pink colour is super pretty and fresh looking. The best thing about this blush is it stays on FOR AGES, even on a hot day when things get a little sweaty (tmi).

________________________________________________________________

LIPS

For Lips I am using M.A.C Creme Cup which is a subtle pinky nude shade that even us pale girls can pull off.

________________________________________________________________

That's All For Now Folks

X

No comments:

Post a Comment