Sunday 21 September 2014

when the boat comes in..

On a recent trip to visit my parents in their newly bought narrowboat home I took the opportunity to wear a special dress for the occasion. The crochet-esque lace on this dress reminds me of 1960s table cloths or doilies - in a good way! On browsing the Milanoo website I came across this dress and thought it would work well with bare legs in summer & tights in the winter.











I am recently on a 1960s style obsession and can't resist making everything look that little bit more vintage! Therefore I couldn't resist pairing the dress with my new shiny black loafers and a black hair bow to match! I will never stop dressing like an oversized toddler it would seem!







We spent our afternoon turning the boat and going through locks (well I wasn't much help really but I did make a good 'I'm on a boat!' girl! ). As the evening wore in William fired up the barbeque and we munched our way through delicious food aplenty! Luckily this dress also has extra belly room!! I am already looking forward to visiting my parents again as there doesn't seem to be much more relaxing than sitting on the front of a peaceful boat watching ducks & swans float along the canal.

I hope you are having a mighty lovely September and are making the most of these last few bits of warmth we are getting!
Lots of love


BTW if you don't already, and you like my blog, please follow me via Bloglovin' here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762/dusk-darling-style 


*sponsored item 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like nice trip on the boat! Your dress is really beautiful!:)

    xxMonica
    http://sunstreetbymonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete