Wednesday 28 May 2014

STRIKE - With Somewhereto_

Hey guys,
I was lucky enough to attend the STRIKE event with Somewhereto_  showcasing new London based designers last week. The event was in an amazing venue, The Asylum (www.asylumlondon.org) . The deteriorating 19th Century Caroline Gardens Chapel in Peckham was a hauntingly beautiful setting for artists to display their work. 
The evening consisted of 6 new designers debuting their work to press & public in a creative way. Each collection was played out on a catwalk in the round followed by a spoken poem. 

MA-KO 

MA-KO

I have a connection to new brand MA-KO (MA-KO twitter) as I did the makeup & hair for their S/S14 collection launch - see website here: www.ma-ko.co.uk  . At Strike MA-KO showed their A/W14 collection. The collection embodied the 'effortlessly chic' look the company encompases. Stand out pieces for me were a leather collar black wool dress which called out to my inner Wednesday Addams and a gorgeously relaxed Mac-come-Jacket (pictured in the last picture of the previous set) which reminded me of Alexa Chung's style.. I haven't stopped thinking about how throwing it over my mom jeans and a crisp white shirt would make me look like I was 'accidentally stylish' (a look one strives for!). Once again MA-KO hit the 'calmly cool and elegant' nail on the head. Check out their Spring/Summer 2014 collection now!



Another mention must be made for my fellow LCF classmate graduate Shireeka Devlin (Follow her twitter here), winner of a WGSN Global Fashion Award 2012, her collection of insanely colourful printed pieces never cease to amaze. I think the main thing I notice about Devlin's collection is that despite the fact that they are an explosion of print, colour & confidence they are also magically wearable as separates.. I could definitely see myself slipping on the tailored long line blazer with tropical bug-like prints on top of a plain black outfit and popping out to a party, equally the tailored tropical print trousers called out to me as an amazing summer piece - paired with white birks & a laid back tee. Every piece Devlin makes reflects her vividly-multicoloured personal style, watch this space.. I think this girl is going places.



Apologies for the bad picture quality, the lighting made taking photographs quite tricky & I was only armed with an iphone!

Hope you like this post, I know it's something slightly different for me but I thoroughly enjoyed attending a fashion event as a 'fashion blogger' and am hoping to be writing similar posts in the near future!

LOVEEEEEEEEE

BTW if you don't already, and you like my blog, please follow me via  bloglovin' here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762/dusk-darling-style
If you have done - make sure to leave a comment with your bloglovin link so I can follow you back!




No comments:

Post a Comment