Wednesday 10 September 2014

Raindrops on Roses & Whiskers on Kittens..

Ok, so I am a little late to the game to call these August favourites as we are already on our way through September, however, these are a few of my favourite things from the last month or so...

BEAUTY


The Naked palettes.. I couldn't be later to this party, there was cake..balloons...pass the parcel.. I missed it all! The naked palettes have been a cult beauty favourite since the naked 1 was released in 2010 (I did have to google it, I am not that obsessive). I have heard almost every beauty youtuber talk about them, read every beauty bloggers adoring reviews and finally... years later... I got my hands on them (as an amazing birthday present from my parents.. What a lucky girl I am!

If you don't know anything about them the naked palettes are a selection of wearable matte and metallic eyeshadows based on urban city colours...Ok, it sounds boring but I promise you its divine! The shadows blend beautifully and I am yet to find a colour that I don't like on my lids! My only problem with these two new arrivals in my life is how overwhelmingly amazing they are.. I can't choose which ones I want to wear each morning! What a lovely problem to have :).

WEAR



Another one from my birthday (the post will be full of them I'm afraid) is this amazing new outfit I chose on a birthday shopping outing with Will. With autumn fast approaching I have decided I want a smarter, more classic wardrobe.. after pinning a few too many photographs of Alexa Chung and Audrey Hepburn in cigarette pants,loafers and crisp white shirts I went and got my own (well Will treated me ;) Birthday Girl that I was!). The trousers were featured in my last post about AW 2014 trends and they are the perfect fit, the shirt had to be mine the moment I laid eyes on it in Topshop and the shoes...well.. I have been searching for the perfect pair of smart loafers for quite some time and having tried on almost every pair on the highstreet I decided on these babies from River Island! The patent isn't too shiny which is nice but makes the shoes look smart and put together and I'm a sucker for a tassel!

EAT




On my birthday ( Ok Dusk we get it! It was your birthday!!!) I went out to dinner with the fam and I had to chose a place vaguely central as at the  moment we are all spread out over London and it makes it easier to meet in the middle! I have a pretty unhealthy obsession with noodle soup and on hearing about Bonedaddies ramen from a certain beauty youtuber (Essiebutton) I knew I had to go and try it out & this was the perfect opportunity. 

The restaurant has more of a fast food (in a Wagamamas way not a Mcdonalds way) feel to it with communal seating and high tables. The music was loud and rock-y in a good way that made it feel very youthful & exciting and the food was just...ucccch..I can't even.. so, so good. If you are a fan of ramen you will absolutely love it! I got the edamame beans (yum) the T22 Ramen which included shredded chicken and chicken scratchings (like pork scratching but YUMMY) as well as a nice pile of vegetables plus an extra helping of Nori!  I can't recommend this place enough, just go! 


ACCESSORIZE




















After pinning this backpack and then blogging about it my brother & his girlfriend cleverly gifted it to me and what a happy bunny I was to receive it. This backpack still looks smart and put together but has a fun 'back to school' style feel to it.

SEE


























(photo taken from V&;A website , see more here: http://bit.ly/1gwRVKQ)

I was lucky enough to get to see the Wedding Dresses exhibition at the V&A with Wills mum, sister and my mum last month. The exhibition shows the changing style & traditions in wedding attire through the ages which as a fashion graduate I found fascinating. There was also a selection of famous dresses from either specific designers or famous owners (Kate Moss' is even more beautiful in person then in picture just fyi). Even if you are not that interested in weddings then I would say you will still enjoy looking at the shapes, construction & history behind the garments. I myself have an interest in both! 

Well, that's all for now folks! How was your August? Are you looking forward to autumn or dreading it? 


XXXXXX

LOVEEEEE


BTW if you don't already, and you like my blog, PLEASE FOLLOW me VIA BLOGLOVIN' here: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762/dusk-darling-style :) :) :)
If you have done - make sure to leave a comment with your bloglovin link so I can follow you back!






4 comments:

  1. what a fantastic birthday/s it was and an amazing, varied and interesting blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    Cocktail Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    Cocktail Party Dresses

    ReplyDelete