Thursday, 26 September 2013

Autumn/Winter Wardrobe Inspiration!

Hey Guys! Today I thought I would do a post on what I hope my winter wardrobe choices will look like using my picks from the UK high street! I was inspired by many things which I have collected on my pinterest board here.

I also thought I would get creative and pick up a paintbrush and paper again, I haven't painted in a while so I didn't feel very confident to be honest but hey,  I needed to start again somewhere! Therefore you will find a little watercolour sketched lady to accompany each outfit :) hope you like!


So, in outfit number one I have shown how I would take my classic PASTEL colour palette into a/w! This look is entirely from Topshop (who have truly stepped up their pastel game this season!) I think adding a cropped mohair jumper onto a little shirt and midi skirt will keep you toasty and looking sweet :) I already have this pink satchel and I swoon over it every time I use it, next on my list are this little pink shoes!!

Shirt - Topshop
Jumper - Topshop
Skirt- Topshop
Shoes - Topshop
Bag - Topshop








For look number 2 I was particularly inspired by the film 'The Edge of Love' (see image here) where Sienna Miller and Keira Knightley do floral dresses and woollies with effortless 1940's style!! I love mixing maroon and mustard yellow, there's such an autumn-y feel to it! This outfit shows how I will be bringing florals into my a/w wardrobe - darker prints, thick complimenting woollies and cute socks!


Jumper - Topshop
Dress - Zara
Wellies - Hunter








Last but by no means least, Outfit number three shows how I intend to style maxi skirts and dresses in A/W, with an added statement cropped jumper, some thick socks and a beanie you are good to go! The adorable dolly style shoes are optional but I am lusting after these topshop beauties to update my shoe collection! I particularly like the dipdye effect on this Ragged Priest Jumper, its got such pretty colours in it!


Jumper - Ragged Priest
Skirt - New Look
Shoes - Topshop









Well, that's all for now folks! Do you like the outfits I put together? Is there anything in particular you are lusting after for Autumn/Winter?

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

btw if you don't already pleaaaase follow me on bloglovin' http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762/dusk-darling-style
If you have done - make sure to leave a comment with your bloglovin link so I can follow you back!

21 comments:

  1. I like your illustrations! I especially like the fall/autumn wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks very much! It's a bit scary starting again but I was inspired by another blogger giving it a go to try again myself!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Such cute little illustrations, love all the outfits, but that pastel tartan skirt is gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :)

      I knoww, defo on my A/W wishlist :O

      xx

      Delete
  3. I love these looks and your illustrations!! What a great blog, full of inspiration! xoxo
    http://heelsandpeplum.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! :) that's a lovely comment to receive :)

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Hi, Thanks for following me on Bloglovin. I am just stopping by to follow back and check out your blog. I definitely like a nice comfy sweater for fall and winter. I also love wearing bright scarfs and cute boots. I Hope you stop by :)

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, no problem, love all your 'fall' themed blogposts :)

      yay!

      xx

      Delete
  5. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm following you already :)

      I particularly like your red lipstick post ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so pretty isn't it? When I saw it in the shop I couldn't resist! The only downside is Im very protective over it and get pretty upset when it gets dirty!! haha
      xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, Love the different looks!!!!

    www.plogstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cutest illustrations! I'm defo more of a beauty person so when it comes to style I have next to no idea ._, can't wait to be inspired by you ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is ridiculously cute. i can't decide which outfit i like the most <3

    blkbrdbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of them! And the illustrations are so cute :)
    xx

    // Inês Paúl //

    ReplyDelete