Friday 16 November 2012

How To Wear Vintage: OOTDS


LOOK 1


A dressed up look for Autumn - I braved it with the skin coloured tights - so chilly!! Replace with thick woolly 
tights if you aren't feeling like freezing your butt off!! Anyway,this is my more dressed up look for Autumn. I think this outfit is perfect for a lunch date or early evening date! I love mixing Vintage and high street pieces. I think this is a great way to make my fantastically tacky 80s crop top look more contemporary!

In This Outfit
Turquoise Collie Dog Top - Vintage
Brown Jersey pencil skirt - H&M
Scarf- Barbour
Brown heels - New Look


LOOK 2

 Here I'm wearing a casual daytime look, you could wear this to college or shopping in the Autumn/Winter!
When I got this 50's dress it was ankle length and had a full skirt.. I cut off the skirt as you may be able to tell from my wonky cutting haha, i love it now though. Just goes to show how a tiny bit of editing can make a previously 'old-fashioned' looking piece look really on trend and modern!

In This Outfit:
Grey collared dress - Vintage
Brown and gold buckle belt - Vintage
Black tights - Primark
Black shoes - New Look
Grey Beret - H&M


LOOK 3

This is more of a 'going out' outfit!

 Here I styled this fantastic 80s silk blazer with my disco pants and a bow tie and shirt.When a vintage piece is as bold as this one is you might as well make a statement out of it! I love wearing this silk blazer tied round the middle with my tight fitting disco pants to balance out the great, but rather voluminous, 80s shoulders. You could also cut out the shoulder pads of your vintage clothes if you want to make them look more  fashionable and contemporary.                                                                        

In This Outfit:
Pink silk blazer : Vintage
White bow collar shirt - ASOS
Black Disco Pants - American Apparel
Black Panama hat - River Island
Black and white heeled brouges - Topshop

Hope you are all having a lovely Autumn, I'm getting pretty excited for winter/christmas!!

ALSO

If you haven't voted for me for the FASHTAGTV competition, nows your chance! haha.. go over to the fashtagtv facebook page OR the @fashtag Instagram OR the fashtagtv youtube page and comment 'Number 5!' to help me win! Thank you so much for anyone who does it, this is such a great opportunity for me!


LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment